The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Professional Engineer job is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works department. The Sr. Professional Engineer will lead development and implementation of the traffic signal operation group, inclusive of signal timing, signal design, traffic study, and plan review.
The Sr. Professional Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Provides direct support to the Engineering manager
- Will assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, goals and objectives
- Monitor work activities, and make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures
- Supervise staff responsible for implementation city wide signal timing plan, preparing traffic signal projects/contracts
- Communicates with TxDOT and NCTCOGS for grand funding projects