Multiple Academic positions with the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
· Join a growing Faculty and be part of a University that places amongst the world’s best teaching and research institutions.
· Located in the heart of Sydney’s bustling inner west quarter, close to beaches, parks, public transport and shopping districts
· Seeking outstanding Academic’s to provide leadership and help create a world-class, internationally recognised Faculty for research and education excellence
About the opportunity
The School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Sydney is searching for outstanding academic staff members across all levels (lecturer, senior lecturer, associate professor, professor). We are seeking candidates with an excellent record of research and education with proven and substantial research expertise in one or more of the following areas of the School’s research strengths: biomolecular and cellular engineering; carbon neutral futures; chemical and process innovation; food industry transformation; water, resources and the environment.
We are especially interested in candidates who increase the diversity of the academic staff in the School and who are developing ground-breaking approaches to skills development and curriculum delivery in the area of process engineering and design.
See below for positions expectations*
About you You will be expected to develop an outstanding independent research program, make internationally recognised advances and impacts around significant national and global issues in one or more of our five research themes, engage in collaborations within and outside the University including with industry partners, contribute to innovative curriculum development and delivery at both undergraduate and graduate levels, and contribute to the management and leadership of the School and the University.
Please refer to the Essential Criteria pack for application requirements for each level position available.
Applications will be reviewed starting on November 15.
Term and Remuneration
Successful candidates will be offered a continuing (permanent) appointment, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period for new appointees. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated dependent on level of appointment.
The University of Sydney is Australia’s first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. The School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering is strongly positioned within Australia and worldwide. It is research intensive, with a strong synergy between research and teaching.
The School aims at “creating resources and technologies to transform the world”. Our researchers engage with leading industry, government, community and research partners to find practical ways of addressing important local, national and global issues related to food, energy, health, water and the environment.
To learn more about the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering click here
For more information on the Head of School, Professor Dianne Wiley, click here
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE
· A PhD in a chemical engineering or a related discipline
· Expertise from one or more of the five research strengths of the School: Biomolecular and Cellular Engineering; Carbon Neutral Futures; Chemical and Process Innovation; Food Industry Transformation; Water, Resources and the Environment.
· What is you highest qualification
· Please provide your Academic References
· Level applied for
· Please provide your Scopus or ORCID ID
· Major research achievements in one or more of the School research themes (no more than 200 words)
· Top 5 publications
· List of major courses taught (no more than 100 words)
· Major teaching innovations (no more than 100 words)
· Eligibility for membership of a professional chemical engineering association
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1751/0819C to apply.
For a complete application please include and upload the following
· Cover letter
· 2 page research statement and/or 2 page teaching statement
Closing date: 11.30pm 01 December 2019 (Sydney Time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Additional Salary Information: Successful candidates will be offered a continuing (permanent) appointment, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation and confirmation period for new appointees. A competitive remuneration and start-up package will be negotiated dependent on level of appointment.
Internal Number: HJL010035
About University of Sydney
Be part of something bigger
Our vibrant team of people are global leaders for good through their research and contribution to our community. Join us as we embark on the next stage in the dynamic life of the University of Sydney.
Employer of choice
We're proud to be recognised as a silver employer of choice for the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Find out more about our work on diversity and inclusion.