Please join the City of Redmond's partnership with Microsoft on their largest redevelopment to-date. This is your opportunity to serve as Microsoft's Structural Building Engineer Consultant by assisting with alternative proposed designs for the new campus of 18 innovative buildings.
Redmond needs your expertise to "hit the ground running" and work on code compliance for structural stability of complex and unique structures on Microsoft's Redmond Campus. If this is you, apply with the City!
This project-specific contract is anticipated to end December 2020 and includes full benefits and a three-month severance bonus upon completion of the assignment
Additionally, this role will:
· Review plans, calculations, specifications and other documents for completeness of information, accuracy, and conformance with local, state and federal codes and regulations.
· Partner with Microsoft and engineering consultants to explain shortfalls in technical and code requirements and provide suggested alternatives for compliance.
· Utilize various forms of communication to request additional information.
· Actively participate in meetings with owners, engineers, architects and contractors to assist them in the process for review and approval of their submittals.
· Provide interpretations of the adopted building codes and standards.
· Assist building inspectors with field questions.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ideal candidate will have the equivalent of the following:
· Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field; AND
· Five or more years of recent and continuous experience in the plan review and/or design of building structures; AND
· Registration as a professional engineer in the State of Washington or ability to obtain registration within six (6) months of date of hire; AND
· Ability to obtain a Commercial Building Plans Examiner certification within six (6) months of date of hire.
External applicants: If you complete your role on the Microsoft Refresh 2018 project, you will receive a three-month severance payment. If you accept a regular status position without a break in service, you will not receive the severance payment.
Internal applicants: If selected, you will voluntarily give up your regular status rights and become a Limited Duration employee. If you complete your role with the Microsoft Refresh 2018 project, you will have no rights to your regular status position and will be separated, but you will receive a three-month severance payment. If you accept a regular status position without a break in service, you will not receive the severance payment.