GLV offers a dynamic, challenging and engaging workplace with the benefits of a global company as well as the flexibility provided by its subsidiaries, entrenched in their communities.
Are you looking for challenging job in a fast paced industry, and always looking to renew itself with the latest technology?
The Product Manager is responsible for coordinating the development and preparation of proposals and the function responsible for building and expanding the product line business, collaborating with sales, field services, customer service repair/rebuild, supply chain, inventory, stockroom, manufacturing and engineering resources. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set-up and maintain a systemized method for the execution of engineering proposals and reference database so that new proposal work will be based on actual experience and also reflect the latest designs and profitability.
• Maintains an inquiry tracking database and a log of active and completed proposals monitors the quotes hit ratio and keeps up to date a hot prospect listing.
• Reviews contract language to assure compliance with company guidelines and refer to our legal department as needed.
• Assist the sales department in the gathering of field data and/or the presentation of the product to customers.
• Established offer price consistent with market conditions and business plan requirements.
• Contributes in the design and implementation of promotion and training programs, ie. Advertising, direct mail, sales force training etc.
• Manage departmental expenses with the established budget.
• Responsible for product development as per the market needs and wants.
• Ability to travel up to approximately 40-60% of the time, by plane and/or by motor vehicle, including extended domestic and international travel.
If this sounds interesting to you we are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in technical or related business field and/or equivalent experience in pulp and paper machinery engineering, plus sales and or/service related activities.
• High level of understanding of paper mill operation as it relates to the refiner product line.
• Strong organizational skills as it relate to product standardization and the setup and maintenance of workflow operating systems is required.
• Capability to handle multiple and changing priorities.
• Strong inter-personal skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
• Ability to work well with all departments across the operating unit and intercultural social skills working with customer in different cultures.
Internal Number: 3284
GL&V Pulp and Paper Group designs and markets equipment used in various stages of pulp and paper production, from pulp preparation to sheet forming and finishing. GL&V serves the global market with spare parts, rebuilds, upgrades and optimization services for new and existing equipment. Our pulp and paper group is focused on innovation and provides technologies that generate energy and cost savings for our customers. GL&V USA operation has offices located in Nashua NH, Lenox, MA and Hudson Falls NY.