To provide technical support and guidance to the forging process. To update and create manufacturing and quality engineering documents and procedures. To coordinate and conduct manufacturing tests on machines and/or processes to meet safety, quality, throughput, and cost objectives. To serve as coordinator for assigned projects.
Responsible for manufacturing and process engineering activities associated with precision metal forming.
Support equipment and tooling activities associated with precision forging processes.
Design and develop forging processes and tools for new and existing products
Manage engineering changes as they occur.
Develop and maintain process documentation - control plans, PFMEA, Picture Process Sheets, Tooling Sheets, etc.
Develop and maintain work instruction documentation
Review, analyze, design and implement revisions to improve existing processes for increased efficiency (throughput, tool life, etc.)
Evaluate tooling, special test and inspections concepts and equipment
Lead manufacturing technical support, coordinate cost reduction activities, and support corrective action activities
Develop and maintain good relations with other team members
Adhere to Corporate policies and procedures
Supplier and customer liaison for engineering related items
BSME or equivalent and 2-4 years minimum experience in a high volume manufacturing (preferably forging) environment DEFORM experience preferred
Proficient with any 3D modeling and drafting software
Proficient with GD&T, Process Diagrams, PFMEA, Control Plans
High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
Strong decision making skills, with the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly
A hands-on approach is essential, with ownership of products and processes
Must be a team player with good communication skills, written and verbal
Self-motivated striving to find lean solutions to improvements and issues
Flexible work schedule required
Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Hendrickson is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of medium- and heavy-duty mechanical, elastometric and air suspensions; integrated and non-integrated axle and brake systems; tire pressure control systems; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; stabilizers; bumpers; and components to the global commercial transportation industry.
In every sense of the word, Hendrickson is a leader. We’ve achieved that status by providing our people with autonomy, resources, and flexibility to step up, innovate, and take us to new levels of excellence. The people who excel at Hendrickson embrace the values and guiding principles of the organization employment. Our employees embody the following distinguishing characteristics:
• Self-motivated go-getters who ask, “How can I contribute?”
• Goal-oriented, competitive individuals driven to perform and win
• People with passion, commitment, and a positive attitude
• Confident, aggressive individuals who desire ownership and accountability
• Action-oriented self-starters who won’t say no— who instead show how to get it done
• Entrepreneurial risk takers who like to wear many hats and define their unique role
• ...Personable, engaging communicators
• Team players who deliver according to aligned goals
• Adaptable individuals who enjoy challenge, fast pace and activity
• Continuous learners who are well educated, formally and informally
• People of substance who can bring intensity, success mentality and results focus
• Down-to-earth individuals with strong integrity, passion, and pride.
• Integrity is non-negotiable, it is the way we conduct business.
• We are customer focused and easy to do business with.
• We have a passion and commitment to succeed, never accepting mediocrity.
• We embrace change as part of continuous improvement.
• We communicate clearly and often.
• We appreciate speed and simplicity as competitive advantages and are intolerant of bureaucracy.
• We set and meet aggressive targets, both for the company and ourselves.
• We prize intellectual capital and teamwork.