Civil Engineer/Engineer Intern - Public Infrastructure Design
Barge Cauthen & Associates, Inc.
June 18, 2018
Dependent on Experience
Full Time - Experienced
Civil - Design, Civil - Water / Wastewater, Civil Engineering
4 Year Degree
Barge Cauthen and Associates is seeking a candidate to join our team as a full-time Professional Civil Engineer or Engineering Intern. The ideal candidate will have 1 to 5 years of experience with storm water design. This position will involve the design of storm water infrastructure for a large municipality, design of water and sewer relocations, minor roadway design, development of construction drawings, field investigations, and coordination with clients, subconsultants, and regulatory agencies. No overnight travel will be involved with this position.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 1 year of experience, or recent graduate with co-op experience.
Active registration with the State of TN as a Professional Engineer or Engineering Intern that has passed the FE exam.
Knowledgeable in storm drainage design.
Skilled in using Autocad software (Knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D is preferred).
BC&A’s corporate culture recognizes the importance of a work-life balance. We offer the following in support of our employees:
Incentive-based bonus program.
Flexible working hours.
Company pays 100% of premiums for employee’s medical, dental and life insurance.
Company pays 50% of premiums for employees’ family for medical and dental insurance.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary with exceptional incentive-based bonus program.
About Barge Cauthen & Associates, Inc.
BC&A was founded in 1994 and is a certified small business based in Nashville TN. BC&A offers a small firm work environment with “large-firm” benefits. Our comfortable workplace environment has fostered a unified family of professionals and support staff that promote teamwork to produce high quality results for our diverse client base. BC&A has been the civil engineer for many local notable projects, including Jefferson Street Storm Water Improvements, four new residential halls at Vanderbilt University, Virgin Hotel, First Tennessee Sounds Stadium, the redevelopment of Bellevue Mall, Hill Center Brentwood mixed-use development, TopGolf entertainment facility, and Ovation mixed-use development in Franklin, Tennessee.
• Competitive salary with an exceptional incentive-based bonus program for ALL employees.
• Company pays 100% of employee premiums for Medical, Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability policies.
• Company pays 50% of the dependent premiums for our employees’ family for Medical insurance.
• AFLAC supplemental policies available to employees (employee-paid).
• Vision insurance through BCBS available to employees (employee-paid).
• 401k retireme...nt plan with a ROTH component. Company match 100% up to 4% of salary per pay period.
• Maintenance of professional certifications, continuing education, training and development, and professional memberships.
• In-house lunch and learn sessions.
• Flexible work schedules and ample personal time off.
• Company-paid professional privilege taxes, license renewals and continuing education fees.
• Small firm work environment located in West Nashville with generous-sized offices, lots of natural light and full-size kitchen. Very convenient location-easy access to restaurants, grocery and I-40; free parking.