CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Transportation Project Manager to join our growing California Transportation group. In this position, you will manage complex transportation projects for major transportation agencies in the greater West Coast region. You will manage multi-disciplined project teams and develop the scope and budget for transportation projects, assist with marketing and business development activities, and serve as a leader for our Transportation Group in California.
** We are open to considering candidates to work in either our San Francisco or Concord CA offices.** As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as the Senior Project Manager on major planning or design transportation projects.
• Work with current staff to enhance our transportation services capabilities.
• Assist in mentoring staff and help expand our transportation practice in the California market.
• Lead the scope, schedule and budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed.
• Quality Analysis/Quality Control of key deliverables related to projects managed and assistance on projects managed by others.
• Responsible for adherence to the firm’s quality procedures at the project level.
• Assist with marketing and business development efforts and further expand our clients and opportunities with the Pacific West region transportation agencies.
• Building teams to match the project needs including selecting internal team members and establishing teaming partnerships with respective industry firms.
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering OR Bachelors degree in Planning (or related field) required.
• At least 10+ years of experience in transportation consulting.
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills.
• Strong experience meeting and working with California municipal transportation agencies.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.