We currently are seeking a dynamic, strategic, and innovative Industrial Engineer. This key position will be based in our manufacturing facility located in Opelika, AL.
Provides industrial engineering support for continuous improvement, cost reduction, and improved quality via improved understanding of loss. Leads target rate and financial standard setting process for manufacturing and/or packaging lines. Leads or supports the process of educating others on findings via reporting development and data capture. Establishes baseline information for machine and labor performance metrics that support financial, planning and operational control systems.
- Establishes and maintains labor standards through work measurement, work simplification, methods engineering and analysis of statistical data.
- Evaluates and establishes ideal equipment speed settings and standards for run-speeds and changeover times as an input to scheduling methods, performance metrics and financial standards. Performs bottleneck analysis to identify increased throughput opportunities.
- Identifies value-added and non value-added activities through accepted Industrial Engineering techniques.
- Analyzes the workplace for both efficient and inefficient work activities. Identifies and facilitates potential cost reduction projects. Recommends essential equipment needed.
- Organizes the implementation of line event data (LEDS) as the site owner for TrakSYS. Works with Production Manager to improve data accuracy within the tool and functions as the site subject matter expert.
- Applies project management skills within the site to ensure assigned projects are delivered on time, in budget and achieving desired results.
- Manages and conducts employee training for productivity improvement projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.