Our Engineered Solutions group is growing! Our Lighter Than Air team is searching for two (2) members who can lead us to successful growth and sustained business of our airships.
Develops assembly or component designs for use in ILC products; designs are developed with consideration of quality, cost, function, system integration and producibility; develops concepts, prototype components or assemblies, test the products, document the designs, and support production during manufacture.
Essential Job Duties:
• Develops concepts for new products or processes, and document with sketches or CAD layouts
• Brainstorms with team members to develop new or improved product or process development
• Develops understanding of product requirements during the design process
• Develops understanding of films, fabrics, adhesive systems, heat sealing, bonding, and sewing technologies during the design process
• Develops understanding of the following methods, related to softgoods, during design of products or development of processes: inflation and leakage testing, burst and proof pressure optimization, and materials physical properties testing
• Develops understanding of pattern development methods, including marking, grading, CAD development processes, preparation for automated or manual cutting, and general pattern methods for ease of manufacture during the design of products
• Applies general knowledge in drawing practices, including hardware and softgoods drawing generation, drawing checking processes, and preparation for prototype or final manufacture
• Develops and utilizes spreadsheet and word processing skills to optimize internal and external documentation of designs
• Develops and utilizes technical writing skills, specifically in the areas of final reports, test reports, failure analyses, and proposal generation, and applies these skills in ILC project completion
• Develops and utilizes presentation and public speaking skills; all design engineers will be expected to routinely present design data in front of internal or external customers.
• Develops and utilizes team skills, including listening effectively, sharing information amongst team members, and coordinating activities based on project schedule requirements
• Develops and utilizes project organizational skills, including methods of working multiple projects, organizing and upkeep of project files, utilization of E-mail and calendar systems, meeting scheduling, keeping meeting minutes, and planning methods for schedule completion
• Utilizes internal process documentation, acronyms, and general procedures, including the ability to create or generate engineering change documents, disposition of quality discrepancy reports, requisitioning for procurement, and drawing release documentation
• Continually strives for departmental operational and process improvement through the use of Suggestion Express initiatives
• Must be able to access shared database with government programs (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, or related field of study, plus, a minimum of five (5) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficiency with word processing software; spreadsheet software; intermediate CAD & basic 3D modeling
• Demonstrated, strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with peers and cross-functional teams and external customers
About ILC Dover
ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, ILC has provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. We provide
Advanced Space Suits and Space Inflatables to the space market and Airships, Aerostats and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to the aerospace market
Our international engineering and production facilities coupled with a network of global representatives support customer needs around the world.