POSITION POSTED UNTIL A VIABLE POOL OF CANDIDATES HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED
Performs quality assurance processes to ensure the quality and integrity of infrastructure, complex structural components, mechanical, electrical, electronic, electromechanical, and communications equipment involving both hardware and software. Performs, facilitates, and documents various quality work activities such as site visits, inspections; conduct quality process and systems audits, special projects, and reporting. Makes the determination as to when a system or item is ready for testing, or when a partial test is in the best interests of the Authority. Performs Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) as well as Failure and Root Cause Analysis ensuring that defects are identified, recorded, reported, and evaluated retested. May, at the direction of the Manager, perform other day-to-day activities and work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates standards of performance and inspections systems, defining systems metrics, establishing quality assurance testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished product.
- Formulates instructions for maintenance and use of inspection records and audit documentation; evaluates quality trend analyses utilizing continuous improvement tools (i.e. Cause & Effect Diagrams, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Gage Capability Analysis, Design of Experiment, Regression Modeling, etc.).
- Works closely with the Capital Projects Team in the formulation and review of technical data and submittals for new/ refurbished/ renovated facilities and trackway, new/ renovated electrical/ mechanical, communications, and electronic systems, rolling stock, and enforcement of capital contract specification.
- Performs, facilitates, and documents various quality work activities such as site visits, inspections - Release for Shipment (RFS), Installation Verification (IV), First Article Inspection (FAI), Factory Inspection, Beneficial Occupancy Substantial Completion (BOSC), First Article Configuration Inspection (FACI), etc.; conducts quality process and systems audits, and special projects.
- Performs quality system audits, and implements necessary action plans to correct or improve quality deficiencies. Verifies completion and quality of work, records findings, maintains and produces accurate logs, files and other documentation. Recommends corrective and preventive action. Writes formal reports of all findings for management review and distribution.
- Attends and participates in contractual meetings to ensure that quality issues/ concerns are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Facilitates quality awareness with Quality Assurance staff and customers by providing information and education of methods for identifying and improving quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.