Performs routine and emergency maintenance on the fire alarm systems and equipment, components, and subsystems in the ASG-KU area of operations. Performs inspection, testing, and repair of fire alarm control panels, initiiating, indicating, and monitoring devices. Performs inspection, testing, and maintenance on suppression systems consisting of wet pipe sprinkler, preaction sprinkler, fire pumps, and associated equipment. Performs in secure, critical, and sensitive designated areas under control of the U.S. Army in accordance with contract requirements. Ensures requirements for inspection, testing and maintenance are IAW with NFPA and UFC 3-601-02.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Accomplishes the maintenance and repair of systems associated with fire detection, suppression and other equipmemt that is a component part of the overall fire protection system.
2. Performs inspection, testing and maintenance of fire protection systems IAW UFC 3-601-02 using NFPA 72 and NFPA 25 as guidelines.
3. Utilizes test equipment and meters such as voltmeters, ammeters, wire tracing devices, etc., for locating and diagnosing equipment, distribution, and control system malfunctions.
4. Utilizes various hand tools, shop tools, and equipment in accomplishing repairs and maintenance of these systems and components.
5.Troubleshoots and repairs fire protection circuits and equipment. Repairs or replaces defective components.
6. Requests and maintains accountability for parts, tools, equipment and materials required for work performance and work assignments.
7. May be required to conduct both routine and emergency services after normal work periods.
8. Performs the majority of work in the sensitive and secure areas of military installations and facilities in accordance with the established security procedures of the U.S. Army and contract requirements.
9. Responsible for safe operation, cleanliness and operator maintenance of assigned vehicle.
10. Prepares and completes requires work documents.
11. Complies with safety/environmental standards and safe work practices.
12. Performs other duties as assigned